Saturday 15 March 2008

Mr Fixit

I've not been reporting the ongoing situation with the toilets because it would have got boring to read but suffice to say that most evenings for the last 3 or 4 months have not been very pleasant with regard to air quality etc. and not for any lack of comment to Favio from Beryl, me and many of the regulars but I've just had a phonecall from Favio.......the bar is not to be opened at 5pm for business because the problem with the sewer is being dealt with. I've quickly nipped down to see what's going on only to find a couple of holes inside and out, a broken pipe laid bare and a set of teeth that have been recovered. It's time to eat now for the workers and I've been asked to go down at 5pm to let them all back in again (actually I think that there is only one) which was the actual reason for the call. Favio seems quite confident that all will be well by 9pm for Beryl to open and he has assured me that the problem has been, or will have been, sorted. Hooray.

No comments: