Monday 20 October 2008

Some Thanks are Due

To those people who have emailed me about the cam etc. I'm sorry I don't reply personally but there are too many for that and in any case the ADSL connection here in this apartment is very intermittent and I'll be extremely lucky if I get this note published before it goes down again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite where this blog is going to go now that you are about to meet Larisa I don't know because of course the underlying theme has always been to paint a picture for you about my friendship with her and what we get up to. I have been waiting these last few years for the very moment that is fast approaching, and looking forward to it, but now that it is almost here there is for me a sense of "closure"...my penultimate goal is being achieved. All on hold at the moment of course while she gets over the bad cold that she has but the two postponements so far may be fate taking a hand because it will be better for the three of us if, as she now hopes, she is well enough on Wednesday, my day off. While this ADSL connection is alive tonight I've checked the weather forecast.....more of the same....wet and gloomy, even thundery so Trout Al Fresco, out on the terrace, may not be possible after all. We'll see; whatever happens, the sangria will go down well I promise! And I must remember to collect my camera from my own apartment beforehand, there will be at least one photo that I just have to take!!

No comments: