Wednesday 11 July 2007

Heatwave!

No wonder I'm complaining about the heat....the USA is currently suffering record temperatures across many states. Here in South Carolina we have been 2 degs short of the all-time record for Conway (Myrtle Beach) of 99F, achieving 97F the day before yesterday with more to come in the next week or so as 3figure temps move eastward towards the Atlantic seaboard. Whilst we can match, and indeed beat, these sorts of figures around the Med it's the high humidity that makes the heat here so unsufferable. Persistently well over 90% day in, day out. According to the US Met Office conditions are building in the mid-atlantic for the formation of the 1st tropical storm of the season. (Un)luckily for me I travel back to Europe next Wednesday and whilst I would like to experience some "serious" weather I think I will be home 'n' dry before anything hits land this side of the ocean.

No comments: