Tuesday 24 July 2007

Home Sweet Home

The journey back was uneventful; everything was ontime. The biggest trauma was discovering 3 dead houseplants here on the terrace, but I expected the toll to be much worse. Killed the 4 hour stopover in Atlanta with some very interesting conversation with folk I met in "TGI Friday". Even had a meal bought for me by a guy returning to his duties (as a civilian) in Baghdad. And I hope that the couple from Arizona are enjoying their stay in Eire!

Walking the paseo last Friday to go and de-brief with Phil and Denise at the Bar, whom I hadn't seen since May 31, I became aware of just what a pleasant place Torremolinos is. I really don't want to be anywhere else!

Spent the weekend tripping the light fantastic in Discotecas at the Marina and in Fuengirola and that knocked a few pounds off the waistline I can tell you! Yesterday evening I was invited to cook a couple of Smoked Haddock fillets for David and, in his kitchen, conjured up a nice creamy Kedgeree which was consumed along with a few glasses of Vino Rosado. Tomorrow I have been invited to a Birthday bash in Montemar by Fred and his wife Pauline who I know from the Bar Jardin and it's nice that me and my customers from those days are keeping in touch. I'm hoping that I will have a friend with me for that, I am waiting to hear whether she can come or not....trouble is the party is in the afternoon and she has a job now it seems.

Housework beckons, as always.

No comments: