Saturday 18 April 2009

Early days

It may only be coincidence compounded by a very wet evening but last night's session in the bar with the revised price list in full effect was very busy right through from the moment I opened until I closed. The Happy Hour is having a marked effect on the first hour of opening, maybe not in the till but certainly in terms of the number of customers coming in and I noted that a few did not choose to leave at the end of it but stayed on, paying the full price for a round or two more. Which is exactly what it is all about of course.

About 3 years ago one of the best loved characters here in El Bajondillo, Colin, died at the age of 66. Last night his daughter arrived and spent the evening reminiscing with us all. And while sitting in quiet conversation with David (who had returned to Ana's after the regular Friday performance in The Irish Affair pub with his partner in crime, Christy, as The Twilights) I'm sure that many of the questions she still has about her Dad were answered because he and Colin were "best mates." One question that I couldn't answer for her, though, was why she hasn't been able to access this blog since my problems with connectivity a couple of months ago. It is hosted by Google and I, unfortunately, have no control over anybody else's ability to log into it but I gave her the address and here's hoping that upon her return to the UK it'll work for her again.

Bill wants to do another Tapa run this coming Thursday. I have always thought that these things were traditionally "for the boys" but I am wrong. Andrea has been on many in years gone by and will be very much a part of the group out-and-about the town from 1pm onwards. I believe that 8 of us will be flopping down on the nearest sofa or something come 5 o'clock or so but I'm, probably, the only one who has to remember to put an alarm on for a couple of hours later. Woe is me!! Maybe I should leave the Champagne Cocktails alone? Then again, maybe not. Daft idea.

No comments: