Wednesday 8 April 2009

Twinkle, twinkle, little Stars

Last night "The Twilights" performed their usual Tuesday evening spot in Ana's Bar. Not long after they started a group of three girls came in and began to busy me with the making of Mojitos two at a time. Now, Mojitos are not my favourite cocktail to make, especially when the bar has other customers coming up for service but these girls kept me at it while, apparantly, paying no attention to David & Christy as they continued with their repertoire. In fact the girls conversation was loud and distracting for those nearby trying to listen to the boys. Towards the end of the show though the girls started to do a little dancing and take more interest in what was going on around them and then, when "The Twilights" had finished came a big surprise; the offer of an all-expenses-paid trip to Copenhagen to perform in a Hotel on the outskirts of that city. The three noisy ladies turned out to be Danish, working for a big Danish hotel chain and empowered to do what they did....offer "The Twilights" a gig at one of their hotels. Nice one.

Cristina called me today, catching me in the middle of shopping for the Easter weekend, to tell me that she is coming to Torremolinos next Tuesday and, at my convenience on that day, will get someone to come and paint the kitchen for me. Whilst she was on the phone I told her that I had a problem with the hot water tank now, as well, and needed an electrician. She rang back later to ask if I could accept a visit from one on Saturday, pay him and dock her rent by the amount and that's all organised.

I now have a presence on Facebook complete with a photo, now on my profile and taken by Lisa a few months ago, of me behind the bar. I'm slowly building a list of friends on said system and have been a given at least one surprise in the system's offer of people that I might know and might like to contact.

Semana Santa (Easter) is upon us. The towns around will be hosting Religious processions through the coming weekend and I've noticed barriers around Torremolinos prepared for road closing from Friday onwards. Unfortunately for me most of what goes on is during the evening so I won't be able to see it but two years ago Larisa and I went to Malaga and watched proceedings there (everything was rained off by half -past 10 I remember) so I know what happens and have a few photos. Of more importance to me is the fact that banks and shops close tomorrow and Friday leaving me with having to worry about such things as having enough change for the bar until Moday etc. etc., hence the trip into town earlier. There is not an Easter Egg in sight though; Easter is very much a religious celebration here with, according to Ana-Mari, some special dishes prepared, one of which she has given me the recipe for and which I'm going to try.

No comments: