Wednesday 29 April 2009

Swansong

Today it is a very warm 26C and probably going to go a little higher before the day is out. Which makes a pleasant change from the showery weekend just gone.

Last night The Twilights performed their last "gig" at Ana's; not by choice but because, again, the Police were summoned by a disgruntled neighbour who told Favio that "once more and you will be closed." While I was at the bar earlier today, bottling-up, Ana-Marie came in with some trailing houseplants that have gone up on the picture rail and I took the opportunity to ask about a music licence. Apparantly they have tried to get one but, she told me, the town is "zoned" for the purpose and in the zone that the bar is part of the authorities do not intend to issue anymore licences for music. So that's that. No more Twilights. Not that it will hurt David & Christys' new-found career, they are well sought after elsewhere in town but it is a shame that, having given them their "break", Ana's is now to lose out.

I had a long chat with Katrina yesterday afternoon via Skype, she called me to ask how I was etc. Life in Omsk is no better than anywhere else at the moment it would seem, the crunch is biting hard in Russia as well. No news of Larisa. But then I didn't ask, just letting Katy get her moans and groans off her chest.

No comments: