Sunday 3 May 2009

Big News

Happy Mother's Day from Spain.

Last night, as he was leaving to go home with Ana-Marie, Favio asked me to meet him today at midday at the bar. "Why?" was my immediate response. "Because I need to talk to you." So, after an almost sleepless night believing the worst was about to happen brought about by the economic down-turn, I did so. He has rented the bar to someone else. I haven't formally met the chap yet although I'm told that he was there listening to The Twilights last Tuesday but, a fellow by the name of Juan is now in charge lock, stock and barrel according to Favio. I have to work as normal tonight, take my day off tomorrow and on Tuesday open at 4pm and work until 8pm whereupon the new proprietor will come in and take over for the rest of the session until 2am etc. What the future now holds no-one knows but I still get to run a Happy Hour between 5 and 6 and at that time of day I'm hoping that there will be a few more people about to take advantage of it. I've still got a job though, that's the main thing.

No comments: