Monday 11 May 2009

We will see....

I've just bumped into Favio at the bar and been asked if I can work all through next Sunday (4 until close) in order to give Juan some time off. "If you can't, or don't want to, I'll ask Beryl to help" he added. "Of course I can" was my answer. Not a problem for me except that all the systems in the bar are being changed and I'm finding it difficult to keep up with it all. For instance, I've been to the bank just this morning to buy some change as normal only to return to find him chucking change into the till with total disregard for the overnight float. Confusion will begin to reign and control is liable to be lost, I can sense it happening. Anyway, enough of the bar for the moment, at least I'm working through until next Monday! Today is my day "off".........

Larisa rang my number yesterday afternoon and immediately rang off. Which tells me that she is back. Possibly not by design though, she may have accidently dialed me. Our last meeting a month or more ago was very fretful. She rang late at night to find out where I was. "Closing the bar" I told her. "OK, wait there, I am coming" she answered. Which she did. Arriving quite drunk and demanding more, keeping me there until about 4am, she began telling me that she had fallen out with her girlfriend (which meant that she was stranded in Torre because the friend has a car) and then became very angry towards me! Taking her ventings on the chin, and becoming cross myself, I eventually told her that I wanted to go home and that she had to leave in order for me to do so. As I locked the doors she wandered off on her own having told me that I have no respect for her, and that we can no longer be friends. My "OK, I understand" was more of a pacification than an agreement and I followed her at a discreet distance with absolutely no intention of letting her spend the night on the street. Having watched her turn into a flight of steps leading up to a restaurant I did the same to find her sat down and in floods of tears. Any comfort from me was totally unacceptable so I just sat on a step or two below her and waited. Eventually my persistent and gentle "come with me, please!" got through and I managed to persuade her to spend the rest of the night, and all the following day as it happened, sleeping off a Mother of all Hangovers here on my sofa. The day was a Wednesday I remember because she showed some surprise that, come the time, I had to go to work. She had become a little playful during the afternoon as her headache wore off so things may not be as bad as they seem and as we parted at the bottom of the steps she apologised for "being a nuisance." She called my number yesterday. And she will probably do so again. Her anger towards me hurt, so I will wait, the ball being totally in her court.

It's a gorgeously sunny day today, 25C and climbing. I'm going for a walk.

No comments: