Tuesday 31 March 2009

Success story.

Yesterday I decided that I'd do a shell-less paella for myself and spend the day working on my website (the pages devoted to the now defunct steps webcam need dealing with.) On my way back from the supermarket I was invited to sit with Margaret & Christy, in the sun, on the terrace outside The Ship where Margaret began telling me about a show that was being put on in one of the local Hotels in the evening. Then, out of the blue, Teresa called to ask what I was doing and whether I fancied going to see a show with her later and, not being one to let a lady down, I arranged to meet her at 8pm.

Whilst she was working with me in Ana's Teresa began nurturing a dream to have her own bar to which end during the latter weeks of our time together in Ana's we'd actually been out looking for a suitable place. Driven by the changes to our working arrangements implemented at the end of December the plan was for us both to "go it together" and leave Ana's Bar. That hasn't happened (a longer story) but "Teresa's Bar" does now exist and there is where me met. We didn't get to see the show, opting instead for a quiet chat together elsewhere where she told me of her hopes and plans for the future. Now a far cry from her shaky arrival in Spain with just a couple of suitcases, nowhere to stay and nowhere to work her grit and determination has begun to pay off.

The paella stuff is still in the cupboard and the webpages remain unchanged.

No comments: