Tuesday 10 March 2009

Home, sweet Home

Last Wednesday's Aeroflot flight from Moscow to Malaga was 80mins late (do y'really think I wouldn't be watching such things?) and tomorrow's is currently scheduled as "on time", so no anticipated delays...yet. I think that she is going to be tired because the flight will have left Moscow at about 6am (local) which could mean that she might have had an overnight stopover after the flight from Simferopol. She doesn't know yet that tomorrow is not my day off now and that any plans she may have, once she gets back to Calahonda, to go shopping etc. with me onhand to help are going to have to be rushed through in time for me to get back here for 8pm. But that's all by-the-by, she's coming home and I'll be watching that flight's status all through today, tonight and tomorrow morning, that's a four-for-sure.

Cristina has just called. She's moved to Granada for a while it seems and I now have instructions about how to pay the rent, through the Post Office, to her.
"Toda bien?"
"Si, pero me falta pintura para la cocina"
"Ah, tu cocina! Vale, voy a torremolinos en las semanas que vienen y entonces me lo hare"
"Vale, gracias. Te echo de menos"
(which brought a giggle down the line).
So, maybe in the not too distant future, I might get my kitchen area repainted after the repairs that were done to the plumbing some weeks ago.

Tonight David and Christy are back at the bar with another rendition of music from the 50s & 60s and it'll be interesting to see how we fare with the new layout (the 2 big tables have been replaced by 6 smaller, round, ones) and whether anybody takes advantage of the extra floorspace for a little bit of dancing.

Favio has solved the FTP problems for his Anas Bar domain and has been busy uploading a webage to the site. On Sunday I was given a copy of all the files so that I can tweak anything that really needs to be tweaked and, more importantly from Favio's point of view, provide the english version that people will get if they click on the Union Jack icon. Our joint effort is in progress at Anasbar.com. Do pop in!!

A friend from Leeds, Elise, arrived on Sunday, for a 4 day stay in El Bajondillo, presenting to me that evening a big box of Yorkshire tea "as a present". Last night she called to ask if I was going to go out for a drink but I'd already settled down for a night in with a chicken in the oven, soup on the boil and a paella in preparation for dinner. Hopefully, tonight, after "The Twilights" have finished, I'll get the chance to make amends. (A seafood paella it was, the idea for which was given to me by Ana-Mary on Sunday. Her passionate description of one she had recently made using fresh prawns, clams and peas enticed me to copy it using frozen prawns, crabsticks and spinach. In a smallish frying pan I tried to make a mini, one-man, version but I still got 3 portions, the last of which is for lunch today.) Actually, while I'm on the subject of good fortune I can tell you that Margaret & Christy, on their recent return from a trip to Ireland, brought me back some Irish White Pudding and Irish Back Bacon and Emily & Joe (here from Florida) went on an excursion somewhere and surprised me with a huge jar of Rosemary Honey on their return. I'm running out of space!!

OK, I've got to put the cap back on the toothpaste tube just in case I have to play host to a tired traveller tomorrow which, if I don't do now, will get forgotten.

No comments: