Friday 20 March 2009

Trips, Tapas and Twilight

Tuesday's evening with "The Twilights" was a total success, the Duo singing to a packed house that began to fill just as soon as the doors were opened. They now have a permanent booking for Tuesdays and the way things have gone these last few weeks it wouldn't surprise me if I find a queue waiting for the doors and a rush for the best seats etc.etc. in the future. I am contemplating getting all the necessary technology together and teaching myself how to podcast in order to broadcast their act, each Tuesday, over the net. An interesting idea if nothing else.

Of course, my evening's enjoyment was made all the more complete by the presence of Larisa who arrived, as promised via an earlier txt, at 10pm. We didn't see each other on Monday so her visit to the bar made up for that. She stayed overnight and our conversation included her telling me that the trip to The Crimea is for the pair of us, together, and at Viktor's total expense!! But, like everybody else in business just now, he has worries so it won't be happening anytime in the immediate future. There is now also talk of her being moved to Dubrovnik (Serbia) eventually; the kind of news that would normally alarm me greatly but, deep down inside, while sitting here writing to you about it, I'm somehow very much at peace with the prospect.

El Bajondillo's American friends are beginning their exodus now, to which end, yesterday, I was given some goodies that had to be left behind so, thanks to Helen & Ray, I was able to have some muesli for breakfast this morning (having nearly broken my teeth trying some last night for supper without soaking it.) Parting words from Joe & Emily...."please don't ever stop writing your blog, it keeps us in touch with Torremolinos." This is not just a letter to you anymore it seems. And Don (big Don) has taken my email address back to Florida.

Another "Tapa Run" was indulged in yesterday afternoon. A heady trip around town stopping off at a bar or 8 for a beer and tapa at each. Stuff for the boys. Enjoyed by me, Bill, David, Randy and Joe (for whom it was actually laid on, by Bill.) Much white wine later I got home, collapsed on this sofa (a real back-breaker as I had already found out having been beaten to the bed by Lary on Tuesday night) and fell asleep until being awakened by every phone in the house blowing its top at 8-15pm. Late for work. First time ever. No clean sheet on that score anymore. Never mind, it was worth it.

Tomorrow I'm going to make some more of my Curried Carrot and Coriander soup, the recipe for which I've been asked to "write-up" so get a kilo of carrots in, ready, along with a bunch of fresh coriander and some cumin and curry powders to add to 4pints of Chicken stock.

No comments: