Monday 22 June 2009

Mamma Mia!

I've finally seen it, the film everybody's been talking about, and now I know why. A smashing musical written around the music of Abba that has been a joy to watch. Luckily for me Sky TV are running it at least twice tonight so I'll be able to view and appreciate it again making my night off a real pleasure to enjoy.

I've had the Netbook setup all day, Heath Robinson style, on the balcony under the sun screen, connected to the Internet via the weak unsecured WiFi signal I mentioned the other day and, hey presto, at 4pm, an IM call through Skype from Katerina in Omsk. Only I don't think it actually was her! On the odd occasion and based on my musings here I've been told that I ought to write a book. Well, I don't know about that and I certainly don't know about what. But what I do know though is the style in which people I regularly communicate with write and in 4 years or more of SMS with Larisa I know her style very well. A style I recognised today even although each "over" was against Katerina's name. Those two are as close as ever despite the distance between (I know that Larisa is here in Calahonda) and a quick call for the password to Katy's Skype account would allow Lary to play with me, just like she's done before on the phone etc. Play is probably the wrong word this time though because she ended up fishing for why I hadn't called today. So I told "Katy" that I believed that Larisa does not really want to be my friend anymore and that I daren't call her in case it annoys her. "NO! She will not be annoyed" was what came back. I sent back that perhaps I might call her after next payday and got a luvvy-duvvy smiley in return! We went out together, 2 weeks ago today as it happens, to Fuengirola for a meal at Mesón Salamanca but just right now I can't keep doing that. Eeking-out my last pay packet from Bar Ana through this month does not allow for treats in restaurants, or anywhere else come-to-that but I felt a need to invite her to hopefully clear the air after her angry rantings the night that she fellout with her girlfriend and took that out on me, telling me (and here's more of the story) that I'm (also) no longer to be invited to Calahonda. Clear the air we didn't, neither of us found a way round but without the shop'n'cook trips to Calahonda, which cost peanuts, I can't afford to call and arrange a date elsewhere because it is just too expensive, and because I'm certainly not ever going to try and invite myself to Calahonda either, there are the reasons why I didn't call her today. Last Monday I didn't call and she let it ride but this week she hasn't, gleaning the promise of a call from me next week in the process. Yes, we have a problem, she really was the nuisance that she apologised for being that night, but yes, we are still in contact and if I get my way the pieces will be picked up now that she seems concerned about my reaction, which is more to do with her outburst than my finances by the way.

I was invited back to Teresa's tonight, by customers last night, for a drink or two with them on the "other" side of the bar but I've been naughty and not gone, preferring to stay at home, cook a nice Roast Dinner (Chicken, Bread Sauce, Roast Potatoes, Sprouts and Broccoli) and just enjoy my time with me! Going back to the bar would probably have been suicidal because Teresa doesn't like making the cocktails that we do or anything else "awkward" and would have no-doubt pressganged me into going behind the bar in the event of such orders. And I would have missed the film and probably the skype call if I'd managed my day any differently to the way that I have. It's cost me a bomb in teabags though and I seem to have worn out yet another kettle which, luckily, is still under guarantee and will be going back to the shop tomorrow! Some while back Beryl bought for me a Sage plant that she happened across in Torre's Sunday Market. So far so good, it seems a happy chappie so today I've treated it to a new, bigger, pot, fresh compost and a feed. The other what-ever-it-is that she gave me is out of intensive care and rocketing away like a good'un but the Tomatoes that Bill gave me are now giving cause for concern, remaining spindly and looking decidedly ill. Out on one of my balconies they only get full sun for a couple of hours each afternoon and I'm wondering whether that is not enough. Never say die though, I'll persevere but I do not think that they will get to be shown at Wisley.

This year's longest day passed us by yesterday which means that from now on the Sun will climb ever lower in the daytime sky until Dec 21st when that trend will then reverse. You'd think that that would mean that the daytime temperatures would begin to decrease but, of course, they don't until the middle of August. Currently the forecast is for the low 30s even although there is still plenty of cloud about which is unusual for this time of year. But clear days are now on the increase and word is that the summer will be hot. The AC is tested. I'm ready!

No comments: