Saturday 20 June 2009

Temporary Setback

Having not been able to pay the bill my telephone has been cut with the consequential loss of my internet connection, so.........it's difficult for me to keep up with this blog and maintain the website etc., but, nearby here someone is being daft enough to run an unsecured WiFi network which I can just about "see" and connect to so here I am. At the end of the month all will be put to rights, indeed, even possibly in a new, nicer, 1 bed apartment nearer to where I now work although I haven't yet made my mind up on that. I'm sat indoors typing into Notepad on my laptop while the Netbook is propped up on a kitchen cuttingboard out on the balcony maintaining (I hope) an internet connection flitting between no bars and 2 bars signal strength. One worry is that today it is dull with plenty of mist about and a shower or two is being forecast so I'm keepng a beady eye on things outside because the little Netbook didn't come with an umbrella. I hadn't intended to go to all this palaver but last night on my way home Lisa popped her head out of The Ship to tell me to "get something written on your blog!" Tip of an iceberg that, as I've also had emails from all over, which I pick up daily via the Internet Connection at the bar, wondering what's happening here with me. I could, of course, write from Teresa's Bar but the constant interruption with customers coming and going makes that impossible.

Opening at 6pm and closing at 2am life at Teresa's is ticking over with a slow but steady stream of punters keeping us relatively busy. Not the busiest bar in the world but then neither are many others around about; in fact, from information gleaned we are doing somewhat better than some which is a pleasant surprise bearing in mind that the bar is the "newest on the block." Hopefully things will get better as the season progresses and the Euro/Pound exchange rate continues to improve. Fingers are crossed. Cocktails are going well and we have the best brew of coffee in Spain according to those who have taken a cafeteria of fresh Columbian from us.

I've got to cook a meal then get ready for tonight's session but before I go I'll post a photo here of the busy terrace taken a couple of nights ago to give you an idea of the place and then transfer all this onto a Memory Stick, shove that into the Netbook and upload everything. Problems, problems. Roll on July and a re-instated telephone!

No comments: