Wednesday 5 August 2009

Going Critical

I've got a night's work tomorrow at Teresa's and am currently sat in her bar, having collected the key, taking the opportunity to log on, collect email etc., and bring you up-to-date here.

Cristina arrived today, no doubt to collect the rent in person rather than have me transfer it to Granada via the Post Office which costs her 6 or 7 euros in Giro fees. Trouble is that I do not have it. I'm hoping that, when she knocks, we can agree to let me see my tenancy out to the end of this month, making use of my deposit to cover. I'm dreading the knock on the door though because I hate having to let her down but I can't, at the moment, do anything else. Once I know her reaction and any follow-on arrangement it'll be time to organise the flight home. Or maybe not. It all depends on her. She has no other tenants in the block and hasn't had in all the time (3 years) that I've been there. Perhaps I can persuade her to give me more time to get something sorted job-wise but I doubt that somehow. Without going into details, Teresa has told me that there is 2 weeks work here in her bar each month which, whilst giving me some income, would not anywhere near pay the rent at its current level even with tips and the odd night "on" to cover timeoff that she might need during the other 2 weeks of each month. I have declined on the face of it but it would be handy if Cristina gives me a little "grace and favour and I know that the offer will always be there as far as Teresa is concerned.

The last few weeks I've spent cooped-up in my apartment out of harm's way in the main so I'm not really au fait with the weather now, and not having 24hr internet means that my weather scripts on the website etc. are not running and keeping me (at least) up-to-date with what's happening weatherwise on a half-hourly basis. Having said that it doesn't seem to have been as hot as it was last year at this time and from now on I expect that the temperatures will begin to slide. And not before time; the airborne firefighters, based at Málaga Aeropuerto, have been busy these last few weeks dealing with wildfires somewhere inland from here. Currently we have (at 2130hrs) 28C and on that note I'm going to go home and cook my evening meal without perspiration!

No comments: