Wednesday 30 May 2007

Getting warmer

Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far, 31C/88F which was achieved at about 3pm and maintained for about an hour according to my records. Luckily the bar where I am working has AirCon installed so life late yesterday afternoon was not too uncomfortable. It's when the humidity goes high that life gets warm but along with the high temperature there was very low humidity (21%). The 5 day forecast is beginning to indicate that temperatures are starting to climb so maybe the rain we had last Fri/Sat was the last for a while.

Going to get my blood pressure checked (wearing a short-sleeved shirt this time in case the rolled-up sleeve on Monday caused the higher reading)..........
............140/93 with a pulse of 68. Lower. Makes me wonder whether the compression of a rolled-up sleeve has an effect.

Last night at the bar I was left on my own to "sink or swim". Not a problem, I survived. Tonight is the last with Phil and Denise around. Tomorrow I have to collect the keys at about 1pm and see them off to Cherbourg.

No comments: