Saturday 2 June 2007

Change of Server

The changeover to a remote host for the website is just about complete. Based in India, and providing all the facilities (at an extremely nice price) that the site requires I'm very pleased to have found http://www.hioxindia.com and don't mind giving them a plug for their business. One or two jobs left to do but they are relatively insignificant and will make no difference to the site's performance. I took the opportunity to tweak the webcam settings to try and make the updates/video more reliable. I haven't had any feedback so can only assume that the camera is performing adequately. Certainly I now notice more and more people looking out for it as they pass by below the balcony on which it is situated. Why the move? Because the continuous disk writing required by the webcam software has caused serious wear and tear to the hard-drive on the machine that was used as the server. It now needs replacing and I don't want it to fail just yet, it wouldn't be convenient!

Today, Saturday, is my day off from my little job. The bar is closed today. Very different from the UK where saturday night is THE night of the week for takings. One can't blame "changeover day" because that doesn't exist now......changeovers happen on a daily basis these days.

Weather today was a little cooler than of late and just as well because I have spent the day houseworking etc. doing all those little chores that have gone by the board since my routine changed last Monday. I still perspired though; Málaga airport recorded a max of 24C today, and I recorded 27C on my terrace 9kms away from that weather station. By the way, it is the airport readings that are reported on the website.

No comments: