Tuesday 5 June 2007

Busy little Bee

Well, if I sounded surprised at the fact that the bar is closed on Saturdays then I'm even more surprised at the level of trade on a Monday!! I was kept on my toes all day yesterday. Not overwhelmingly but a steady stream of punters; at one point all tables on the terrace were occupied. Mind you, Sunday was dead.

Walking home last night was an effort. I had no energy and found it hard work to "make my legs work". Perhaps this last year's sedentary lifestyle has taken it's toll and is now being worked off. I hope so. Today I will make sure that I have high energy sustenance for lunch and maybe I will buy one (or some) of those energy drinks that are on the market now to keep me going. The last three days have been purely salad with either fish or chicken...good for the waistline and heart etc but not packing a calorie punch (for energy). Dinner is difficult because I'm working and tends to be a bit "snacky" so I suppose I ought to do something about that as well. I'm also wondering whether the daily Blood Pressure medication is having an effect (making me tired) bu I don't think that's the case.....previous evenings journeys home have been fine, more or less, energy wise, but then the bar hasn't been as busy.

I have a backlog of phonecalls and emails to answer (latest was yesterday from a friend in the USA, which I received by chance because there is no signal in the bar for mobiles and I just happened to be outside tending the tables). Some I have flagged URGENT but getting home at 1 in the morning, or later, tired out, means that I go straight to bed. Also, because many are from abroad the time difference has a huge impact on whether, and when, it is sensible to respond. Bear with me, I am no longer "lazing around" all day hanging on the phone or computer!!

No comments: