Monday 11 June 2007

Yes!!

Her reply came at 2150 tonight. She is in Madrid and coming to Malaga this weekend. She is back and we are getting together. Life is sweet.
At the time (2 years ago) the toast was to my Mum. Still is.

A mi, ella es muy especial (to me, she is very special). In recent emails sent while she was in Russia she has hinted about going home to Omsk for good so this return to Spain may be make or break for us. It's not her, it's me. I've got to get over my hangups. Her message has been clear right from the very start of our friendship and people here around me are now telling me to stop being such a bloody fool! And, bless her, she really does keep trying. Now it is my turn. While she is here we are planning to visit London, staying at my Mother's, "quality time" together which will give me a chance to sort my mind out. (Her idea to go to London together, not mine........)

The daily walk to work at 1445 is giving me a suntan to the face. I can feel the heat in my skin so tomorrow I am going to buy sunscreen with a high factor to tone down the effect of the sun. It's surprising what even just 15mins in strong sun can do.

The bar was quiet today and what with the excitement of Larisa's reply I decided to shut shop at 2230 to save the electricity. Philip did say that it has its good and bad days and to play it by ear.

Learnt that it doesn't take 20mins to "bake" a potato in the microwave. Incinerate, yes, bake, no. Place was full of fumes. I thought 20mins was the right length of time, apparantly not, more like 7 or 8 I've since been told. My dinner was spoilt. Another reason to take the opportunity to get away early....to get fed.

No comments: