Monday 11 June 2007

Better this week

Sunday was better this week than last week although it was quiet for the first few hours. Ran out of a couple of lines. Have had to bring a "shopping list" home ready for a call to the suppliers in the morning. On the landline it will be free apart from the fact that there isn't a phone in the bar.

Either she's not here in Spain yet or hasn't turned her spanish phone on but I haven't heard anything so far.

Doing crackers, cheese and pickles for supper. Probably not a good idea bearing in mind the late hour but it is giving me an excuse to have some of the homemade pickled beetroot I bottled late last week. Cooked beetroots have appeared in the shops here and sliced and bottled in malt vinegar with a teaspoon of brown sugar they have turned out just like the real thing with a famous label. Mind you, actually doing the job is one of the messiest messes I have ever gotten myself into; the red juice goes everywhere!!! Kettles boiled, I'm going to get some tea brewing...........

No comments: