Saturday 9 June 2007

What a Night

Today is my day off...only it isn't. I was asked last night to open the bar tonight and I've agreed to open at 8 for a few hours. My company seems to be well sought after! Last night I closed at 0230 after a good night during which my photo was taken half-a-dozen times, my knees stroked simultaneuosly by 2 ladies while posing with them for photos and then, to top it all, my backside was pinched! And I thought life in the Bar Jardin was fun!! Anyway, I've asked for copies of the pictures via email so that I can post one or two here in due course.

So, today, some shopping and housework is in order. Tomorrow is 10th June, the Moscow flight is scheduled to land in Madrid at 1110hours (how I wish I could be there) and I want to be ready for.... whenever.

Oranges, 99cents for 2kgs (about 70p for 4.5lbs?) in the "corner shop" opposite the bar. Significantly cheaper than the big boys in town, excellent quality and with plenty of surprisingly sweet juice. I juice 2 a day for breakfast. Milk is also 4cents cheaper there than in Mercadona (Spain's 'Tesco').

Friends in the USA have found me on Skype which means the calls across the pond are now going to be free!

No comments: