Friday 8 June 2007

A long day

12hrs+ to be exact. I left home at about 1330 this afternoon and have just got home at 0150. I had to go in early to receive a beer order that could arrive anytime from 1300 onwards and as it was I was late. Luckily the Dray was parked nearby as I got to the bar and I had to pass it whereupon I asked the drayman (in my best Spanish) if my order was aboard to which he replied "No". That only confirmed a fear that my (unacknowledged) txt message to the rep yesterday had not been actioned. It was on though and a half-hour later was duly barrowed into the bar (I am not the only one delivered to from that particular roadside location.)

I'm enjoying myself. The social life (as a bar-keeper) is second to none and I am getting mine back (albeit for a brief few weeks). The bar is tending to be a "late bar" which normally I wouldn't countenance but the punters are nice people and the rapport building up between us is good. I'm told I make the best tea around!! (It's a cafe/bar dont forget). I took my dinner in today; a chicken curry I made earlier. Mouths were watering when I settled down to eat it at about 7pm. "You can cook then?" somebody enquired. "Oh yes" said I. "Smells lovely" he said. "No you can't " I replied.

June 10th is just round t'corner. I can't wait.

No comments: