Sunday 11 January 2009

More Changes

Last Friday Favio came in just after I'd opened and, with faltering English, told me that all had to change again; I was to work through until close on my own, open for the rest of January at 8pm, on my own, then through February at 9pm, on my own and closing all the while when things go quiet after about 1am. I was then given the unpleasant task of passing that news on.

Assuming that I am to be paid more for the extra hours I am now doing I have put my plan to cancel the telephone line etc. on a back-burner for now. Trouble is that with Favio one never knows. He could come in tonight or tomorrow, whenever, and change everything again because the Global Economic Downturn is affecting even him and the bar and any hope (of mine) of persistent employment is becoming risky. Anyway, nothing ventured, nothing gained, I'll hang on to the phone, this blog, website and email for as long as I dare.

Talking of email, I have had more-or-less constant contact with Larisa through the festive season and now have a very slight inkling that she just might be coming "home" earlier than March. Probably just me dreaming though, we'll see.

No comments: