Tuesday 27 January 2009

Well, Skype me!

I mentioned over the Christmas period about a Lady from Germany who was visiting. We made friends, even inviting each other to a home-cooked meal in our respective apartments (none of your expensive restaurants for us), and exchanged details etc. Hailing from Kiel, Natalie went home at the end of December, put herself on Broadband Internet, downloaded Skpye and today my machine received her first call. Now, normally, I ignore skype calls because I haven't been able to get a micophone to work in Windows Vista but today I quickly plugged my headset in and, hey presto, it worked! Clear as a bell Skype to Skype with a strong connection according to the program. Do I now need an XP machine? Well it would be nice to be able to use my expensive Skype-enabled telephone but as the offers up in town finish at the end of this week, well before payday, that idea is going out the window. Natalie has reiterated an invitation she gave me while she was here to go and stay with her in Kiel for a week or two in June. Whether I can depends on being able to get time off in that month (most unlikely) and, even then, only if I can afford it (again, most unlikely) but who knows? I've never been to Germany..............

Cristina (usually I spell her name wrongly, this time I've remembered) is still having work done in the apartments opposite and above me and today, for half-an-hour, she had the electrics turned off. Just like that! Good job I wasn't making Souffles or she'll have gone over my knees!!

No comments: