Saturday 13 October 2007

Different Routine....cont'd

I think it was about 12:30 before we saw the light of day on Sunday morning. Declining my offer of a cup of tea (but then nicking half of the one that I made for myself) she invited me out to lunch, and after I'd cleared up last nights washing up etc (don't forget that I had to rush everything to get to Fuengirola ontime) we went out and up the steps into Town. El Lanjarón was very busy but we managed to get a table and sat down to a nice meal. After killing time around the town centre I left her at the bus-stop at 4pm and made my way back home to get ready for work.

Monday evening David came into the bar....Ann had been taken into Hospital early that morning (3am or so) and diagnosed with Pnuemonia. She was still there and was expected to be for a few days. After work I accompanied him to a local chinese because he didn't feel like cooking for himself and then back to the bar (with Crystal) for a snifter, although Cystal didn't give me much peace until I'd taken her for a walk round the block. She knows that I will always do that and I know that she enjoys the walk because she gets away with "Blue Murder" doing things and going places that David does not normally allow her to. Crafty.

Tuesday saw the same scenario with David at a loose end although this time we used a different Chinese where I didn't enjoy the meal so much.

Wednesday was the other Ann's (Ann S) birthday and she was throwing a party in the Chinese Restaurant that David and I used on Monday evening. A party in the form of a Chinese Banquet. I was invited. She and some of her friends came into the bar to meet and left just before 9. I followed a few minutes later still in my working togs (I didn't have time to go home and change and anyway the trousers, clean shirt and the waistcoat I wear at work were good enough). Back to the bar after for a late drink, then home to bed.

Ann's friends Cherry and Harsha were here from the UK and they invited me to dinner at Cuemvi's on Thursday but I had to decline because I'd already prepared a meal for myself to eat at home after work. But I did agree to go back to the bar to have a drink with them (they are leaving on Saturday Morning). David also called by to let me know that Ann had been sent home by the hospital and he had a quick drink while waiting for his takeaway chicken order to complete at one of the local eateries. Cherry asked if I would be in the bar Friday evening (last night) for a final goodbye drink and again I agreed to go back after going home for my dinner and changing.

Doesn't sound like it in these notes but, yes, it has been quite hectic of late.

Right now, Saturday Morning, 11am, I'm going to cook some bubble n squeak (cos I did extra veg yesterday specifically) and a couple of eggs then have a potter round the apartment making sure everything is OK......just in case. Always be ready Mr Derek Field, always be ready.

No comments: