Wednesday 3 October 2007

Party Debrief

Yet another thunderstorm and heavy rain last night for an hour or so. This one was very close and in fact there were two simultaneous flashes and bangs, extremely bright and extremely loud, indicating a lightning discharge overhead. More storms are forecast today but at the moment it's quite nice and rain and thunder do not appear to be on the agenda.

El Bar de Ana (Ana's Bar) has decided to open at 5pm to take advantage of the displaced trade caused by the closure of The Red Lion and I have the job of bartending until 9pm each day. Fabio is testing the market so to speak. If it works, all well and good. If it doesn't he'll not think twice about giving the idea up. The local community have brought some pressure to bear on him to do it so it is up to them to make sure they make it worth his while from a business point of view.

The Red Lion appears all set for the sale of fixtures and fittings etc. tomorrow and Friday. Ideally I think that Barry would like to leave the place as a bare shell. Through the windows I can see tables and chairs stacked in lots, boxes of glasses and lots of other stuff ready and waiting for potential buyers when the door opens for the "Bar Sale" tomorrow morning. I must remember to go and claim the full gas bottle I have said that I want!

As for the party and the webcam. The interest in the cam was enormous. I doubled the bandwidth quota for the month and all was used by close of play on Sunday. In fact my Website Hosts allowed just a little extra according to the emails I received about exceeding limits. There were nearly 800 hits during the 7 hours the cam was live and 1gb of data was transferred during the same period. Reports from around the world indicate that the cam worked quite well and for that I have to give credit to Hioxindia.com, my hosts.

No comments: