Wednesday 24 October 2007

A relapse

It is a thoroughly miserable day today, persistant rain since the early morning and just 15C/59F as I write at 1pm. Tomorrows forecast is for much of the same including a thunderstorm or two.

David took Ann back into hospital on Monday afternoon after she woke up from a nap with breathing difficulties. She has been kept in while tests are performed to find out what is wrong and it hasn't helped that she was only given one weeks supply of antibiotics when it should have been two.

Ann & Bill have announced their Wedding Date. Feb 19th in Gibralter. I was invited to Dinner with them last night and I was pleased to accept; going straight there from work. Actually I received a second invitation to do "chinese" with David and Liam and his wife. All being present in the bar at the time, Ann gave me the right to choose which invitation to accept, but it was easy to decide on a "first come, first served basis" and Ann's chicken roast was absolutely delicious.

At the moment the 5 - 9 shift of mine in the bar is going quite well. I have had consistently good days all this week and I have not long since heard that today I will be well patronized as well because Beryl's husband Randy arrived from the States yesterday for a 3 month stay and there are celebrations occurring which kick-off in the bar with 'pre-dinner drinks'.

I must remember to turn the coffee machine on when I open up. An Italian lady has promised to drop by again for another cuppa. Hilda tried my coffee on my first day 3 weeks ago and said it was awful (too strong) so I've not been looking forward to making anymore for anyone else but yesterday I got caught good and proper. She said it was good and would come back today. Can't be bad, return customers are the best sort.

No comments: