Thursday 11 October 2007

Hectic is the word

OK, I give in. I know that it is not "tomorrow morning", it's actually an evening 4 days on from that promise, but here I am, not long in from work, my meal is being reheated and then I'm back out until a little later. Told you it is hectic. Actually I have had to decline dinner out with friends this evening due to the fact that I've already prepared mine for a quick feed tonight here at home (it is chilli). The meat sauce is being reheated (in the frypan covered by the plate to be used to serve) over a pan of boiling rice which means that I am doing my bit in the fight against global warming and I get to dish a hot meal onto a hot plate with no curly edges "a la microwave", just like Mum used to do. Ah, see? Even I think of these things although it is more to do with the fact that I don't like lugging gas cylinders up the ancient staircase that separates me from the outside world. Nuf sed.

Now that is going into my recipe list. One man and his chilli con carne, or, have frypan....can cook, or, just me..full belly...no waste. Recipe? What recipe? I can't remember what I did now, so I'll checkout the wastebin to find out what's in there and, working backwards, write it up in My Kitchen later.

Fabio (the owner) is watching the trade level carefuly at the Bar where I work. Folk are going to have to realize that, having asked him to open up in the afternoon, they should support his positive response more. Yesterday none of them came in. He's asking me about my Social Security status etc. so I feel that the little job that I have is safe (due to other upcoming issues) but it wouldn't surprise me if he eventually gives up on what may be proving to be a lost cause although the other day he mooted the idea with me about a "happy hour", and last week he mentioned a dartboard. On the other hand he likes the music too loud and some of his prices are perceived as high. But then everyone knew those things already.

......I'll be back..........

No comments: