Monday 24 November 2008

Holidays!!

Yep! My holiday started yesterday morning at about 3am in great style with 6 crumpets going down the hatch courtesy of a "care package" from Bill & Ann bought during one of their recent trips to the shops. Yesterday evening I spent back in the bar in answer to a "please Derek" plea by Teresa, staying until about 1am I think. Tonight......home alone and resting.

Out and about earlier I took a couple of shots of the Paseo Maritimo (the Prom) to show a) the mess at the bottom of Calle Peligro due to sewer pipe trenches having been dug etc., and b) the revamped paseo itself, slowly being improved all the way along The Front; well, certainly from La Roca north towards Málaga. Calle Peligro is shut to cars and a good few of the businesses in the locality have closed as well while the works are done. Others, desperate to maintain their trade levels, have resorted to strategically placed ads as the picture shows. Walking in the area is dodgy as well, I've have seen one broken nose sustained after a trip over a raised board-edge like that in the same photo (an incident to which the Police were summoned and now I have noted that the offending bridge over the trench has been properly leveled).

Saw me coming didn't it. The weather that is. All set to get wet over the next few days including heavy stuff on Sunday...just right for a holiday in Torremolinos and I've waited 15 months for the privilige!

Let's hope that things don't get too bad for Aaron's sake. Bad weather added to the miserable exchange rate won't make for a good time but things are falling into place this end in preparation for him and Shellie....dinner in Torre Centro with Larisa Thursday evening, then all of us at Ann & Bills' thanksgiving celebration on Friday (postponed, due the forecast rain, by a day) and then on Saturday or Sunday a tapa lunch in La Cariheula with Teresa, who, if she doesn't get to meet them will give me so much stick....she wasn't too happy about not having met you. Anyway, there you have it and I think that I have met his brief of "some good eateries".

Talking of Larisa (which I wasn't but am now), she led me right royal dance yesterday by SMS, feigning misunderstanding and confusion while I was trying to explain what I wanted to happen during Aaron's visit. Over 2 hours we were at it until she finally admitted that "hoy quiero bromear", today I want to joke. Eventually though I got what I wanted......"Vale, hasta jueves a las 1900", just in time to cook my meal and then get down to the bar for 6pm to be on hand for Teresa's first solo night of my holiday cover as I mentioned earlier. Una bromista she may be but inadvertantly she brought my spanish on a little more, chucking many words at me that I didn't know and had to look up.

Yesterday Ann sent me a couple of pictures taken at the dinner party she held some months back and, despite me hating my own image, I've posted one below for you to see (you'll recognize her terrace now of course). David is missing so I think he's on the button. But, then, so is Ann so maybe she is. Or was she getting the port? I can't remember.

No comments: