Sunday 2 November 2008

All Change Again

Since you went home (to all that snow) we have had nothing but torrential rain, so much that on Friday I was paddling in 6inches of water in the flooded towncentre shopping for the Halloween party in the bar on Saturday. That went quite well despite the horrendous weather and I heard many a punter commenting on the effort that had gone into decorating the bar etc. (my photo shows one of two pumpkin lamps painstakenly made by one of the customers) and my food offerings were very much appreciated, especially the mini pizzas I make:

Salami
Cheddar cheese
Chili Sauce
Dried Oregano
Ritz Crackers

Mix some finely chopped salami with some grated cheddar and a very good sprinkle of Oregano, moistening well with as much chilli sauce as you dare. Plonk a teaspoonful or so in the centre of a ritz cracker then microwave on full-power until the cheese just melts. I'm told that they are yummy but I never get to try one for myself; done a dozen at a time, in a ring round the edge of a plate, they disappear immediately that I serve them.

Larisa agreed to come and help me prep all the food (for the party) here in the apartment but that plan went wrong because her House Alarm was upset by all the water and she received a phone-call from the security company into which the alarm is linked telling her that there was a fault, which forced her to change plans and return to the apartment and I wasn't able to take her because a beer delivery was due and I didn't know when. Worrying that the party might well be a washout I then postponed the plan to prep beforehand anyway and decided to play it by ear during the evening, producing stuff as folk came in. It worked, nothing was left and nothing was wasted. As it happened the beer never arrived (another story) so I could have taken her back to Calahonda after all but time marched on and it just eventually ran out leaving no time for her to return. But, we'd had an afternoon together in Puerto Banus on my day off browsing warm coats etc. that she needs to get ready for a return to Russia in the not too distant future. And that was because I'd invited her out to dinner to thank her for her hospitality while you were here but even that went by the board, we ended up back in her kitchen doing our own thing after a quick shop for stuff to eat.

I'm beginning to move myself back to my own apartment now because Ann & Bill are back on Wednesday coming and I'll be sleeping in my own bed from Tuesday onwards, complete with my electric blanket, it's very cold of a night-time at the moment! Things will be getting back to normal soon I hope and I can return to my normal routine, I'm missing my Roast Chickens!!!

No comments: