Wednesday 26 November 2008

Typical !

It's Wednesday and it is raining and judging by the grey skies above it is set to rain for a while yet. We've even had thunder as well today so it's drawbridge up, heater on and stay indoors. Whilst Wednesday is normally my day off, today, of course, I am on my holidays which is no doubt why it is chucking it down and the forecast is bad throughout the weekend while Aaron is here. I sent an SMS earlier this morning advising him to bring wet-weather gear and a jumper or two because it is also cold.

There has been a damp patch forming on the outside wall next to my front door and yesterday Cristina called me to tell me that someone would be coming this morning to investigate and, hopefully, fix it. Awakened by loud knocking on the door at 1030am today I opened it to her and her odd-job man who duly set about with cold-chisel and 'ammer. A leaking pipe joint within the wall was eventually found and replaced leaving me with an untidy, untiled wall in my kitchen which has to stay that way for 2 or 3 days while it dries out. Just my luck....Aarons coming, Larisa may well want to stay tomorrow night and I've got bare brick and cement in the kitchen area. The photo doesn't show the attendant mess on the floor or in the doorway which, when the job was over Cristina meticulously cleared up for me. Now all that is left to do is mop over to remove any last vestige of brickdust off the floor. But first I will have to clean the stairs outside the apartment otherwise I'll be treading in more which, with wet shoes from the rain, will be otherwise be a muddy mess.

No comments: