Saturday 9 February 2008

If at First.....

A rather good few days has not been topped with €133m going into the bank, I failed to even get one number right in the EuroMillones Draw. Oh well, another day, another euro. It has been a busy last few days in the bar though and I can now (thanks to Else-Britt) show something of my pancake production line last Tuesday. This coming Tuesday I'm going to do a little something for Valentines Day. It's awkward to do it actually on Thursday because there is not a lot of room behind the bar and I would get under Beryl's feet while trying to cook and serve etc. But I can do things on Tuesdays because I'm there all night long on my own. So, last night a few of us huddled together and brainstormed a name for the dish I'm planning to cook and we came up with Pasta D'amore which will be my take on the recipe that Helen gave me the other day (Shell's Shrimp Pasta). Helen has also offered to help with the shopping costs and I'm very grateful for that.

Yesterday's Lunch Party on Else-Britt & Ole-Erik's roof terrace was thoroughly enjoyed by all. And, again, thanks to Else-Britt's superb digital camera I can publish a photo or two. Her menu was Lakserulade followed by a Beefy stew and finishing with a Lemon Cheesecake. "Don't let Ole-Erik get you on the Aquavit!!" said Beryl when she heard about the invitation, "you have to work after your meal." Well, that was like a red rag to a bull so I had a sly snifter or two (maybe three) and it is quite nice I have to say, never having tried it before. At work I was in a perfect state because the food had soaked up the modicom of alcohol taken with it, but I did feel tired. Two photos of the assemblage, 1 including me for a change and also a shot of the Lemon Cheesecake Else-Britt made for dessert.












Yesterday I received an email from Katia to tell me that Lary is out of Hospital and back home, and giving me a phone number. Earlier, before starting this blog, I sent an SMS but I don't know whether the phone is a Mobile or Landline although it seems from looking up the area code that it is probably a mobile.

No comments: