Thursday 14 February 2008

St Valentines Day

Finds me at home celebrating alone with the bottle of Cava that came in the Christmas Hamper that Favio gave me and a dish of homemade Kedgeree made with a pack of "boil in the bag" kippers. Enough for three I think but I went back to the pot three times (because it was so good) and now it's all gone!

A couple (Derek and Kate from Derbyshire) leave tomorrow after a stay of a few weeks and tonight they were kind enough to bring me in a little "somethng" and a card which I am going to unashamedly quote for you......"To Derek, Thankyou for your company and hospitality whilst here in Spain. We really appreciated your efforts and wish you every success in the future. Our kindest regards......etc etc." A smashing couple who were brave enough to try each and every of my Tuesday Tapas while they were here. The sort of result that really makes my job in the bar worthwhile and I will treasure their card, with it's Paella motif, forever but the beer won't last as long!

No comments: