Friday 22 February 2008

A Pressing Engagement


Today is the day that Ann & Bill Suiters are holding their wedding reception in Playa Mar having got themselves hitched on Tuesday. The "do" starts at 7pm with a sitdown meal and ends somewhere around midnight I believe. I have to work as normal until 9pm so I'll be late for the grub but I've been promised that something will be kept aside for me which all sounds a little mercenary but going straight from work means that whatever I eat will become my evening meal. My trousers have been altered and I collected them yesterday, a day late but I was warned not to expect them on time by others who have used that particular seamstress. All that remains now is to press them ready for wearing today.

A steak & kidney pud is steaming away and, hopefully, I'll get a nice lunch inside before I go to work. I hate making pastries - I get stuck to everything and everything gets stuck to me and my kitchen area always looks like a bomb has hit it but I'm confident that the finished job will be worth the effort.

No comments: