Friday 8 February 2008

San Valentino

First I have to tell that I accompanied David this evening for a meal out at a local Chinese. Ann was readmitted to hospital a couple of days ago with a blocked intestine. I don't know the full details but she was in IC until yesterday and is now on a ward while the Doctors assess her situation and decide what to do. Essentially a non-critical condition but, of course, the enlarged heart gives continuous cause for concern when surgery has to be considered.

Pancake Day was an un-mitigated success. I took along 2 batches of batter and brought back hardly enough to make a couple for myself back here in the apartment. I'm so proud. I'm so pleased. And today, tonight, I 've allowed myself to be talked into doing something for Valentines Day next week. Well, that's easy, "Prawns in love" seems a good choice. A dish invented by a local Indian Restaurant that I will personalize and use next Tuesday when I can use the whole evening/night to serve my variant without getting under Beryl's feet after 9pm. Tomorrow (really today as I write) I have been invited to Elsa-Britt's for a late lunch along with a few others, and I am humbled that their schedule is revolved around my need to go to work at 5pm. Right now though, I ought to start refining my ideas for a St.Valentine's Tapa but bed beckons, tomorrow will do, there is plenty of time.

Claire from Bentonville, Arkansas in the USA arrived today and chose to meet with friends in the bar straight away rather than nap, get over the journey and unpack etc, etc. Besides bringing some Ground Pepper for me ( by special request) she has also brought, she tells me, some "Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce" and some "Jack Daniels Spice mixture" which all sounds very, very interesting and heralds more mucking about in the kitchen because, as Claire says, "that's where you always seem to be". It seems that she reads this blog!!

No comments: