Friday 21 September 2007

Another one!

I'm awake again. It's 04:30 and the sky is alive with yet another Thunderstorm. A corker. Not much rain about though. Yet.

06:00 It is now! Chucking it down in bursts. The lightning is more-or-less continuous and the storm seems to extend all the way round from the west, through the south and into the east. Quite a big bugger. Time to play in the kitchen I think, I won't be going anywhere else today methinks.

Thanks to Paddington Bear I've had this idea.....Marmite Benedict, but first I need to make some crumpets - not easy.

06:50 The crumpet batter is made and sat in a warm place to let the yeast activate. If it works I'll publish - this is the second attempt!! The first one, whilst edible, wasn't "right"; too stodgy. The storm is wandering off, the rumbles are getting quieter but there is still plenty of rain about.

08:00 Crumpet No2 is a better success than crumpet No1 was. Still too stodgy though as the photo shows......there aren't that many holes showing where they should be. So, No3 is in the making - different batter mix. Once it's right it'll be Marmite Benedicts all round! Of course, another thing about all this is that my photography is getting better....it isn't easy taking photos of plates of food!

10:00 The thunder and lightning is still with us. A stormy morning is forecast but I've a sneaky feeling that this critter's got other ideas. Looks very set in its ways for some time to come.

11:00 Nope! I was wrong. The sky is clearing and the sun is already out and Ann has just rung to ask if I will give her a hand with another shopping trip. Crumpets are on the back burner for a little while.

No comments: