Monday 3 September 2007

I'm not going to count my chickens, but...

I dared to make contact with Lary again today, and I'm going to quote everything because I know that there are people out there who might, just might, be able to put me right regarding my understanding of the spanish that passes between us if I'm getting it horrendously wrong. Bear with us, she's Russian, spells phonetically and maybe translates as badly as I do from my English thoughts. Today's 'conversation' follows exactly as sent and received by SMS.

Me:
¿dónde estás? ¿Todavía en España o has vuelto a Rusia?

Where are you? Still in Spain or have you returned to Russia?

Her:
Estoy en España. Katia a salido. Que tal tu?

I am in Spain. Katy has left. How are you?

Me:
Ahora mismo, no importo. Yo había adivinado que Katia ha dejado Rusia. Pero te echo de menos mucho y antes de que vayas a Rusia me gustaría verte otra vez. Por favor. Nunca sabrás sólo como lamentable que soy que te he trastornado tanto.

Right now, I do not matter. I guessed that Katy has returned to Russia. But I miss you and before you go to Russia I would like to see you again. Please. You will never know how sorry I am that I have upset you so much

Her:
Que pasa? No entiendo nado. Pourque tu piensas que me voy en rusia?

What's wrong. I understand nothing. Why do you think that I am going to Russia?

Me:
Porque deciás "espero que vuelvo pronto" el miercoles pasado.

Because you said [quote] I hope that I return soon [unquote] last Wednesday.

Her:
Eso no es asi. Yo te dicho que vuelve pronto Katia

That is not so. I said to you that Katy goes back soon

Me:
Vale. ¿Asi puedo llamarte más tarde esta semana, el domingo?

**OK. So I can call you later this week, on Sunday?

Her:
Mañana me voy en tor-nos a las 1400. yo te llamo.

Tomorrow I am going to Torremolinos at 2 o'clock. You I call.

Me:
Vale, espero me llamas

OK, I wait for you to call me


Now, I know about spelling mistakes etc but to those that know....is my understanding of what she has said, and what I have tried to say, close to the mark?

**I'm not going to argue with her but my quote is straight off my mobile and, in context, implied exactly that she was hoping to go back to Russia soon.

I'm glad that it now seems that that is not the case and I'm hoping that her trip into Torre tomorrow is especially for us to get together and thrash our situation out. Maybe she is as eager as I am to get back on track because, in the big scheme of things, 2 o'clock tomorrow is like...right now!! But, no, I'm not counting chickens yet.

No comments: