Saturday 1 September 2007

Good Morning September!

It's early, it's too warm to sleep, my morning cuppa is tasting good and here I am, but I don't really know why. The bedroom is air-conditioned so there really is no excuse for being up so early. Anticipation. Let's put it down to that. I've been telling myself that I am nowhere near as excited about this weekend as I was about the one two weeks ago but I think I'm lying (to myself). Getting ready for a visit by Lary always gives me a strange kind of pleasure, which tends to exclude any ability to sleep.

I really did not expect the closure of the Red Lion to generate so much interest, but the website is receiving hits from all over the world, literally. Yesterday, Thailand!! Straight to the party page. People must be talking amonst themselves and passing the address on because it has not been advertised in a manner that makes any sense of these hits. I'm beginning to worry about bandwidth issues on the day. I might step up the quota allowed just in case. Talking to Barry the other day he says that things will kick off about 2pm. I'll add that snippet to the 'Bajondillo Bulletin' I think, right now.

It's great, this. I've just had a shower, quick wipe over the head with a towel dried my new haircut and no need to comb (or even better, worry about those damn double crowns). I've thrown the comb away!

Shopping is done, just in case. I haven't heard anything so far but that does not mean to say that tomorrow is a dead duck. I've bought tinned and vacuum packed stuff so that if it isn't used tomorrow it won't matter too much. It is 2110hrs right now and my dinner is "on"..mince, potato and cabbage. I'm hungry and looking forward to it.

I like Paella. It's a lovely meal and I spend a lot of time reading about it's history etc. Today I came across the idea that the word is derived from the Spanish "para ella" (for her). Whilst, apparantly, linguists don't really aspire to the theory I have to say that it does have a 'ring' to it bearing in mind that normally with this particular dish it was the job of the man of the house, on a Sunday, to cook it for his wife, and, it seems, I am inadvertantly keeping the tradition alive albeit without the wedding ring!!

And to top my day off, Barry and Tina have given me their recipe for curry sauce! No longer a "chef's secret", I can't wait to follow it to the letter over some prawns or chicken, it's absolutely awesome. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get their Chilli recipe which is even awesomer (yes I know but it sounds 'right'!)

No comments: