Monday 7 July 2008

A Dream Come True

I got away more or less on time tonight (2am) with Favio's "blessing" as he was the one who began to close the bar. A good evening fizzled out at about midnight then Ana-Mary and Favio came in just after one which gave me a chance to discuss all things Tortilla with her. I now know what I did wrong and tomorrow I'm going to have another bash at it to see what happens. Ana-Mary said that it was a shame that there wasn't the time otherwise I'd be invited to her kitchen to learn. I'm not sure what she meant about the time element but maybe some time in the future I'll get a lesson from the boss about how to make a Tortilla, properly.

Ever since I started work at the bar I have quietly hoped that Larisa would, one day, come and see me, unannounced, as a surprise. Tonight she did, announcing her arrival with "vamos al Bar de Derek" - we have come to Derek's Bar. I nearly died on the spot. Here she was, as large as life (naturally, what a silly thing to write!) with Viktor at her side. I'd sent a message earlier asking that as soon as Katy arrives today she's told "Hola de Derek". I didn't get a reply which is not unusual (I've said before that our SMSs are short and sweet but never unnecessary) which left me confident that all would be done. Now usually Katy's route is via Madrid and a car drive down to Malaga; not this time though, she's flying directly into Malaga and Lary is on her way to meet her with Viktor, who is staying for a few more weeks, driving the car.
"Will you call back in later so that I can say hello?"
"Probably not, Katia will be tired but on Wednesday you are to cook Paella for us all. Bring your Paellera only, you need nothing else."
"OK but I'll be bringing my favourite rice as well, I don't cook without it"
"Vale"
So, this Wednesday is organised - 3pm trip down to the beach at Calahonda followed by Paella para Ella on the Terrace. Heaven.

No comments: