Wednesday 2 July 2008

The "First" Night

My shift last night was just like any other Tuesday - a lead into my day off etc., except that Favio decided to change the DVD player and do stuff to the TV and Music System while the bar was open. Not a good idea. Especially when he decides to loudly play his choice of music. Needless to say that I took the brunt of the many complaints about the music and, after me having a word in his ear, he reluctantly conceded having watched customers attracting my attention with a word or two.

My day off actually isn't anymore: as chief cook and bottle washer I have to go in every day and bottle-up, stockcheck, place orders and generally get the bar ready for opening which, this morning (including going to the bank to get change) has taken a couple of hours out of my day. Next week, Tuesday, I'm going to prep the bar before I leave it so that my Wednesday off is just that: a day off. Right now I'm waiting for Harry to come, as arranged, and collect the gear of his and Erica's that I have had in store and once that has happened (which I think will need him doing more than one trip) I can set about doing things for myself in what is left of the day. Forethought about all this made me decide not to call Larisa today. Next week though will be a different story, I'll be more organised, hopefully.

No comments: