Friday 4 July 2008

Under Contract

Last night Favio brought in, and I signed, the Contract of Employment for an initial 6 months. That's fair enough: it gives us both an opportunity to re-assess within a realistic timescale. So, I'll see the coming Christmas in the bar at least.

I'm having to make a second pot of Chutney because there is just not enough to hand out as promised in the first batch. The recipe is slightly altered to include a couple of garlic cloves, thus creating a perfect symphony in Umami, and this time I weighed the Toms to find that this batch (including just one available vine from my plants) is using 1.6kgs of fruit, which I'm cooking out on the terrace on my plancha. Last night when I got home at about 0230 it was still 29C / 83F having peaked during the afternoon at 35C / 95F. The AirCon in my bedroom certainly was appreciated. Today it is slightly cooler, currently a measely 28C / 82F but the dewpoint and humidity are highish making it feel heavy, muggy or close or however you prefer to describe such a condition. Right now though I'm going to pop over to my other Laptop and design a label for my jars of Chutney in my favourite DTP program (Serif 8).

Simple, clean and effective, making full use of the KISS philosophy, and if your jar is not labeled with the worlds most infamous brand name then it isn't genuine, probably made in China and just won't taste right. Right? OK!

What a pratt...I can't find the Pritt!

No comments: