Tuesday 1 July 2008

A New Day

Last night went without a hitch. I came home for a bite to eat before nipping back at about 1130pm to find Beryl inundated with an order for cocktails and Irish Coffees etc., with others waiting for service so, at her behest (you are just in time Derek), I got stuck-in for a while. Later, sat outside passing the time of night with Harry I heard my name called and, looking up in the general direction of the sound, saw Teresa trying to attract my attention from her window. She agreed to come down for a drink and we spent an hour or so putting the world to rest while Beryl admirably coped with the bar's comings and goings. All in all a pleasant evening, topped for Beryl with Favio & Ana-Mary cracking a bottle or two of Champers in her honour.

Today I open at the new time of 7pm and in sole charge of course, and while I'm waiting I've reshaped some Meatballs into "patties", tossed them in a sprinkle of Smoked Paprika, browned them in hot oil and chucked them in a cazuela with the last of my Lentil Stew to cook through. I can't wait, but I have to, pink meat I do NOT like.

The Landlady has just knocked, catching me hairy-chested in nothing more than shorts & slippers, asking if she can check something in the bathroom. There is a big gap appearing at the toilet-door threshold, no doubt due to the incessant works going on below!! Maybe I might get a free month. But then again maybe not, there's a pig seemingly sprouting wings out on my terrace.

No comments: