Monday 30 June 2008

Cranberry Sauce??

I can remember, as a kid, not particularly liking the stuff and, always, I ignored it at the Christmas Table so I'm amused to hear that you were forever feeding me with it on the quiet, disguised somewhat! Today my tastes are different of course and your variation on a Mint Sauce will definitely be given a go in the not too distant future.

Today is Beryl's last day and I think that I may stop-on tonight just in case things get busy for her and a helping hand is needed. She hates fuss but, well, tonight is special for her and her regulars so, without saying a word, I'll just stay "on hand." As for tomorrow and the future I am quite happy with the way things are panning out; a work contract, here in Spain, is not easy to come by due to the implications for employers at termination so I'm lucky in that respect.

July is going to be quite an eventful month because, apart from the job....

1. Katia visits. Hopefully for a few weeks because I so enjoy it when "we" are "three" so to speak, oh, and I forgot to tell you that over the meal the other day Larisa asked "Cómo está tu Madre" and passed on her regards. Actually there is nothing unusual in that (everytime we meet, she asks) but it leads me on to....
2. There is a chance that you two can finally meet, in September/October, because it may be possible for you to visit me here without too many problems regarding mobility presenting themselves. More on that later though, first I have a few things to sort out.
3. Erica returns from America later in the month to rejoin her partner Harry (who is already here) and via recent email, has promised to give me a great big hug.

So. Things to look forward to, including a fatter pay cheque. Can't be bad.

No comments: