Wednesday 11 June 2008

Chicken and Rice

The Chicken Breast that I bought yesterday turned out to be "corte fino" or, in other words, sliced thinly lengthways and I've yet to work out why they are sold like that at all because I have not come across a recipe that uses a breast in that way. It has been suggested that the slices are usually battered and fried. I've never seen that either, but there ya'go. Anyway, what to do. Many moons ago Carolina showed me how to make a rice dish - not a paella, just simply "Arroz con...." and in her case it was Gambas (prawns). I can't remember her whole recipe but I can recall a couple of salient points :- Garlic, and plenty of it (I can remember having to peel it all!), was coarsely sliced (into 2 or 3) lengthways and the rice to water ratio was carefully measured. According to her rules then I am making Arroz con Pollo y espárragos (Chicken Rice with Asparragos) for dinner today, al fresco, on my terrace and if it works for me I'll describe the recipe I have made up later. In the meantime, tonight I am invited to a party at The Red Parrot bar up in town. Val and her husband recently took it over and I nonchalantly remarked a couple of weeks ago, when they were in Anas with me, that they should have an opening "Do". Scheduled on a Wednesday (to accommodate me!) it is tonight at 8pm.

No comments: