Tuesday 10 June 2008

Strike a Light!

A headline an hour or so ago mentioning the fact that the Supermarkets are already running out of stock due to the Transport Strike that started yesterday prompted me to go shopping. I've just got back and, yes, the shelves are bare of fresh meat, veg and the like. I managed to get the last pack of Chicken Breast (there were no whole Chickens) some rice, a sack of potatoes, some burgers and meatballs. With what's in the cupboard, freezer and fridge it'll be interesting to see how I fare bearing in mind that the strike is open-ended. Tomorrow (it's too late now for me) I'll go into town to see how the small boys are coping with deliveries - the Greengrocer, the Butcher etc. Hopefully they are a little more independent of the mainstream transport industry.

No comments: