Wednesday 18 June 2008

Cue a Barbie

True to her word, "Hola Mr Derek" tells me Larisa is back in town and the rest of a message that I received yesterday evening enquired whether I was free today, with an invitation to a barbecue at her place this evening. Well at least I get a rest from the kitchen, she hasn't opted for my paella. Last night the bar was relatively quiet (usual for this time of year apparently) but I did exceedingly well in the tips department so, later, I'm going to treat myself to a new pair of slacks and T shirt for the occasion; and I'm wondering if Katia is here because a barbie smacks, somewhat, of a party atmosphere.

Ann was chatting with me when I received the txt and, having seen the pair of us in company together at her Dinner Party the other week, proffered the advice "it's obvious that she likes you so don't be so reticent." Hmmm. Difficult when you feel inadequate due to language problems. And then there is the open-mouthed awesomeness that I always feel in her presence. Don't get me wrong though, she is very much aware of my feelings for her, and always has been. But, now I know what others perceive, I'll take a deep breath and.................

No comments: