Monday 16 June 2008

Well, That Went Down Well.

My Roast Lamb dinner yesterday was so good that I fell asleep here on my sofa after it and was consequently late for work!! Luckily for me it was Sunday, a slow day early in the evening businesswise so, as far as I know, I wasn't missed. This morning Beryl went with me to Favio's accountant to help me get some loose ends tied up with regard to my impending work contract at the bar, due to start 1st July.

Last night Anna asked me if she could have some more of my Curry Paste (I made her some a few weeks ago, remember?) Well I don't think that that will be a problem, I believe that I have got some curry powder left in a tin in a cupboard somewhere. Repeat orders are the best orders of course and I will be glad to rustle up another jar by next Sunday as I have now promised (and hand tweaked with a little bit more heat especially for her!)

Needless to say it is Shepherd's Pie time again and I have had total success this time. Ann suggested, yesterday, to use one of the blades in the Kenwood's repertoire of accessories, which is exactly what I have done; luckily, I seem to have picked the correct one for the job first time because I managed to get some minced Lamb into a bowl that actually looked the part. Added to a fry of grated onion, carrot and garlic, dosed with a splodge of Worcestershire Sauce, tomato purée, and a little stock with a sprinkle of Oregano then topped with Mash, grated cheese, a knob of "butter" and a pinch of sweet paprika and voila......one pie ready for browning in the oven, except that Spanish 5inch cazuelas do not have the perfect depth for this type of dish but beggars can't be choosers. I must get some more of those Alifoil dishes in.

No comments: