Tuesday 24 June 2008

Fulfilling a Promise

Last week as I was leaving Larisa she took my hand for a few moments and said a few things which I didn't grasp because she spoke quietly (and I never, ever, ask her to repeat.) Thinking back I just hope that what she said was nothing too serious!! In answer I just smiled and asked if I could call her "next Wednesday" to which I do remember her saying "yes, of course". I promised that I would do so and, in fact, I am going to do it later today in order to give us both a chance to get something planned, if possible. One fact is that I cannot invite her here because I am still inundated with brick dust etc. because the builders are still knocking hell out of walls in the studio below me and the stairs up to my apartment are filthy with builders boot-marks imprinted in a half-inch of muck etc. She'd turn a blind eye, naturally, but even so I'm not going to suggest that she comes here unless I get a "I want to come to Torre" type reply in which case I'll have a bash at telling her what's going on (I might even CALL her, properly, by voice!!) and see what she says.

Talking about this'n'that in the bar yesterday evening I was told that a shopping trip to Gib was only 7€ by an organised Coach Trip. Now that would make a change to eats in Mesón Salamanca and cheaper too...their menu is 9€ ;-) And crumpets to boot!! Would she need special documents at the border? I don't know, but if she does then it's about time that the world grew up in this age of globalisation.

One load of washing is already done this morning and out on the line, including stuff that I have decided to wear tomorrow should we two end up spending some time together. And, wait for it! The Chicken stock is on the brew!! Tonight I work through to the very end and I am planning a Spaghetti Chicken dish to give me a full belly to work off during the long shift. I might even "indianfy" it somehow with some of my latest batch of homemade Curry Paste (a jar of which I gave to Anna on Sunday) made with some of that excess curry powder languishing in my cupboard. Unfortunately I don't think that my plan to make some Tomato Chutney with homegrown Toms is going to hold up......they are already ripening and there is not the quantity (due to the "cherry" size) to work with yet. So. Cheat. I'm going to make a batch using the greenest toms that I can find in the greengrocer and augment them with some of my own; but, I have to be quick, as I said, mine are ripening, witness the photo. By hook or by crook though, Lisa will get a thank-you jar for setting me off on my Chutney Crusade. I promised.

No comments: