Saturday 7 June 2008

Troupers Galore

It is the weekend again and yesterday evening I went across to El Bajondillo after I'd finished work. I wouldn't normally tell you this because, in a way, I'm repeating myself...weekend, Bajondillo, singing, dancing etc. etc., but last night Jimmy and Pat were out on their Final Fling before going home to Ireland; they'd come into the bar earlier to meet with David and then gone for a meal and I was half hoping that they would come back bringing their full bellies with them, but they didn't. So, I went looking and found them in the Cafeteria Bar along with Ann & Bill. The usual party atmosphere prevailed as always it does when Jimmy is around and, thankfully, I wasn't too late to hear Ana-Mary invite Jimmy to the microphone followed by David and then Doreen. My photo, and I'm sorry for the flare and poor quality, is of Doreen and Ana-Mary which I took expressly to show Doreen looking very glamorous in a dress......the metal surgical splint has been removed at long last. It is Doreen's birthday soon and she was beginning celebrations with a (not so private) family party. She fired up the audience with a few numbers which then allowed Ana-Mary to involve all in some party dances, one of which she beckoned me up on the floor for but I gave up trying to follow the steps beside her on the crowded dancefloor and pretty quickly sat down again, out of the way. I'll get her to show me the steps one evening in Ana's when it is quiet.

On the way home I was accosted at The Ship by Hilde and her friends Esther and Yvonne who are Waitress and Owner of La Placita. I promised to do lunch there today and told Esther that the meal that I have should be Dutch in it's entirety and entirely her choice and recommendation because a) I don't know Dutch cuisine and b) I can't read the Dutch Menu. Something to look forward to a little later today after my trip to the shops.

No comments: