Wednesday 23 July 2008

Nightmare Scenario

Late last night I was asked if I fancy going over to Calahonda today for another barbecue or paella. Still in the midst of training Teresa who wants me on hand tonight I could only suggest a quick visit in the afternoon, which, at first, was acceptable. Then a further note saying she was busy at midday so another day was probably more convenient. The nightmare scenario is that my less than satisfactory reply also coincides with Erica's arrival from America to join Harry. She was due to land yesterday and so far I haven't heard whether she did or not, but, I told Larisa that Erica was returning, and when, some weeks ago and she asked again about that last time we met. I just hope that Erica's impending arrival is not causing concern for her bearing in mind that she doesn't actually know that Teresa (or anybody else for that matter) is working with me now under supervision (including my day off) and may think that I'm actually meeting with Erica and Harry to get the "Hi theres" said.

I decided to cook "Shell's Seafood Pasta" today for myself by way of compensation, and having mentioned to Teresa last night that that was my intention she said, after being told the dish's recipe, that she hoped that I would take a portion in for her. So, I'm cooking for two anyway, a lovely big pot of vegetable soup is on the boil as I write and I've just been told that the works downstairs will finish tomorrow. Day's a good'un.

No comments: